We would like to update you on some recent staff news and appointments:
There were a number of changes and appointments in our Edinburgh office in August:
- Sandy Finlayson retired from the partnership and is now working with the firm on a part-time basis. Sandy is gradually stepping back from direct responsibility on client work but continuing to help us to make the most of business development opportunities and advising on strategic matters.
- Tracey Ginn joined the firm as a partner in our Corporate team following a move back to Scotland from California over the summer. Tracey has over 25 years of experience as a corporate and business lawyer in the both the UK and the US and further details about her appointment can be found here.
- Hannah Roche, head of Employment & HR, was appointed as a partner of the firm. Hannah has worked hard to grow and develop our Employment & HR practice and we are delighted that she has joined the partnership.
- Iain McDougall was promoted to Associate in our Dispute Resolution team and Jennifer Noble to a Senior Solicitor in our Corporate team.
- Gordon Herd joined our Corporate team and Sarah Cashmore joined our IP & Commercial Contracts team, both as solicitors. Gordon completed his traineeship at HBJ before joining MBM, where he gained a broad range of corporate experience, including high growth company work. Sarah has joined us from DLA, also on completion of her traineeship, where she gained considerable experience in IP and commercial contracts and was seconded to the in-house legal team at Heineken UK.
(from left to right)
Sarah Cashmore, Hannah Roche, Gordon Herd, Stuart Hendry (Senior Partner), Jennifer Noble, Iain McDougall, Tracey Ginn, Sandy Finlayson
Isabel Roszkowski joined MBM in October as an Associate to work with Michael Arnott in our London office. Prior to joining MBM, Isabel completed her traineeship at US firm, Cooley, where she gained a broad range of corporate experience including a six month secondment to Amazon. Isabel has also worked in-house at Canonical; the tech company behind the open source operating system Ubuntu. Isabel enjoys the challenge of working with start-ups and high growth companies and is interested in other aspects of commercial work including insolvency, commercial contracts and gaming.