We would like to update you on a number of new appointments over the past few months:
- Zara Diloo has joined the firm as a Director in the Corporate team. Zara’s previous experience includes Dentons, D&W (now CMS) and in-house at a private equity fund. She has a wealth of transactional experience in M&A and private equity work, including significant VC deal experience having acted for the likes of Scottish Equity Partners.
- Also joining the Corporate team as a Director is Tara Walsh. Tara joined us from CMS, where she worked in London for various investment funds and undertook a broad range of corporate legal services for them. Tara will be based in Edinburgh and split her time between the London and Edinburgh Corporate teams.
- Calum Hamilton has joined the Corporate team as an Associate. Calum previously worked in the Corporate Finance team at Shepherd & Wedderburn. He has been exposed to private equity investment (including Scottish Enterprise deals), M&A, joint ventures, company re-structuring and general corporate governance matters.
- Gavin Smith has also joined the Corporate team as an Associate. Gavin previously worked at Standard Life Aberdeen, which included time spent on secondment to the Corporate team at Burness Paull.
- We have agreed a strategic partnership arrangement with Ellis IP, where Dr Claudia Duffy and Dr Michael Ellis will be on hand as patent consultants to help on our transactions and deals. Claudia and Michael are experienced European patent attorneys with a focus on advising entrepreneurial businesses throughout the UK. Please click here for further details.