GDPR News - ICO Publishes an Introduction to the Data Protection Bill
- This is designed to help individuals and organisations navigate their way around the new Bill and focus on sections most relevant to them. https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/2258303/ico-introduction-to-the-data-protection-bill.pdf
- The consultation period for the Article 29 Working party guidelines on consent has now ended and comments are being reviewed. The latest timetable is for the guidelines to be finalised for adoption on 10-11 April 2018.
- The consultation period for the Article 29 Working Party guidelines on transparency has now ended.
- The ICO has published its Technology Strategy 2018-2021. This aims to develop and enhance technical knowledge and understanding at the ICO and to ensure they effectively communicate these to both organisations and individuals. It also sets out their 8 technology goals and how they intend to achieve them. https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2018/03/ico-technology-strategy-2018-2021/
- In The News – the ICO raids addresses in Greater Manchester investigating 11 million nuisance text messages. https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2018/03/ico-raids-addresses-in-greater-manchester-investigating-11-million-nuisance-text-messages/
For more information on GDPR, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.