MBM’s corporate team have been exceptionally busy throughout 2017. The number and size of transactions we have been advising on are running at record levels with a circa 25% increase in activity from 2016. MBM is the tech deal law firm of choice in Scotland for high growth companies and the team is being engaged to advise on a growing number of internationally focussed transactions and many of them with a M&A focus. The corporate team has been growing to meet client demand and we will welcome the 15th member of the team in the New Year.
If you would like help on a deal or would like to discuss how you might structure one for you, then please feel free to get in touch with any of our corporate partners (Kenny Mumford, Michael Arnott, Tracey Ginn and Stuart Hendry) or your usual contact within the firm.
We can’t list all of the deals we have been involved with during the past 6 months but we hope the deals which we have set out below help highlight what we have been up to and give you a flavour for some of the work that we regularly advise on.
- Advising Episode 1 on its second U.K. “seed-to-Series A” fund, a £60 million Enterprise Capital Fund (ECF);
- Advising a syndicate of international individual investors on investment vehicle structure;
- Advising on equity investments by Belgian companies in UK tech companies;
- Advising TravelNest on its £3m series A funding round with Pentech Ventures LLP and others;
- Advising Money Dashboard on its £1.3m investment by Crowdcube and others;
- Advising Big Data for Humans on its $2.25m, series A funding from AirAsia, SIB and EC1 Capital;
- Advising Archangel on its further investment alongside SIB and US VC, Julz LLC in Calcivis;
- Advising the buyer of a majority stake in a £20m Gibraltar-based insurance group;
- Advising the buyer of a £20m group of international companies from an international seller;
- Advising sellers of debt and software consultancy Arum Systems Limited on the sale of the company to a private buyer;
- Advising sellers on sale of entire issued share capital of Landmark Pub Group to a private buyer;
- Advising sellers on sale of entire issued share capital of logistics and energy technology business, Kyria Limited to a trade buyer;
- Advising sellers in sale of auto parts business BMS Superfactors to The Parts Alliance;
- Advising sellers in sale of customer experience technology business SynGro to tech customer insights company Maru Group;
- Advising investor on acquisition of fashion design business out of administration;
- Advising on the disposal of a stationery business to a US purchaser;
- Advising leading UK “seed to Series A” in US media business;
- Advising on convertible loan by US investor in social media business.