Who we are
Our Dispute Resolution team was awarded Litigation Team of the Year in the Scottish Legal Awards 2016 and was shortlisted for the same award in 2017. The department was also shortlisted for Litigation Firm of the Year at the Law Awards of Scotland 2015, and Team of the Year at the UK Lawnet Awards 2015. The team is ranked Band 2 for Banking Litigation in Chambers & Partners 2021 and is commended for their commercial dispute resolution work in The Times' Best Law Firms 2021 (Scotland).
- Team head is Cat MacLean, a former advocate (barrister) with both English and Scots Law degrees. She is the only person to have twice won the prestigious Solicitor of the Year Award at the Law Awards of Scotland, in 2012 and again in 2015, and to have been shortlisted for the award on 3 occasions. She is ranked in Chambers for Banking Litigation, one of only 9 lawyers in Scotland to receive such accreditation, described by Chambers as "The leading solicitor in Scotland for claims against banks", and was singled out in the Legal 500 as “a force to be reckoned with”.
- Senior Associate Iain McDougall is described in the Legal 500 as “excellent” and “effective and pragmatic in settlement discussions” and “a safe pair of hands”.
- Senior Associate Lynne Arnott, is Head of Lender Services, also described in the Legal 500 as “excellent” and praised for her “reliability, consistency and delivery of what is promised”.
- Jamie Apted (Associate) is described by clients as a ‘determined litigator, who brings a pragmatic approach to negotiations’. He was the winner of the Rising Star of the Year 2019 at the Scottish Legal awards and was Lawnet's 2019/20 Young Lawyer of the Year. He was ranked an "Associate to Watch" in Chambers 2021 Banking Litigation - Scotland rankings.
- Jennifer McNichol (Associate), described by clients as “very good…hugely gifted”.
- Rebecca O Donnell (Trainee Solicitor), described by clients as “supportive, impressive and demonstrating exceptional professionalism”.
You can also read our latest dispute resolution blog posts here.
What we do
We are proud of the fact that our clients rate us for our high level of service and client support. We strive always to provide a personal, boutique service to our clients, who rate us for our “inclusive and compassionate culture”, and our balanced legal advice. The links below give further information on the things we specialise in;