Hannah RochePartner - Head of Employment Law & Holistic HR
Tel 0131 226 8216
Mob 07738 846 676
Hannah is a partner and Head of Employment Law and Holistic HR. Hannah is a regular presenter at our HR lunches, workshops and seminars. Recognised by the leading directory of professionals, Chambers, as an 'associate to watch', she also recently presented at the CIPD annual conference, various events hosted by third parties and presents annually in relation to alcohol and drugs in the workplace.
Hannah carried out her legal traineeship at McGrigors (now Pinsent Mason) where she helped on transactions involving major Banks and PLCs. She gained experience in commercial property, banking, corporate, financial services and employment law.
On qualifying Hannah took up a position in the employment team at Lindsays, a mid-tier firm in Scotland, which, in the 7 years she was there, grew from 2 to 10 people. She reached the position of Senior Associate before leaving to join MBM Commercial, where she took up the position as Head of our Employment Law and HR team, and then joined the partnership.
In order to meet client demand for affordable HR advice, Hannah and her team designed and implemented our Holistic HR service. Holistic HR is a fixed fee unlimited employment law and HR advice service which acts as an outsourced HR department for smaller companies, and gives added support to larger ones.
Hannah also carries out extensive HR training for managers.
Hannah enjoys singing in the Edinburgh Police Choir, travel, running (slowly), cooking and spending time with family and friends.
LLB, Diploma in Legal Practice, NP, Certificate in Employment Law, MA in History of Art
Law Society of Scotland, Employment Law Forum – co-founder, Volunteer adviser at Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Practice Areas:Employment Law & HR Support.
- Hannah has advised/represented clients in the following interesting cases/transactions:
- Appearing at the Employment Tribunal in complex whistle-blowing case on behalf of a well-known local religious establishment, including successfully defending an application for interim relief.
- Appearing at the Employment Tribunal in a complex TUPE case on behalf of a consortium of charities, with numerous claimants and several respondents.
- Managing the employment due diligence and advising on the employment law and pensions aspects of the merger of the Scottish Crop Research Institute and the Macaulay Land Use Research Institute to create the James Hutton Institute.
- Hannah and Sarah are the sole HR advisers to a large, national cleaning company, which employs around 1,300 staff. They have also provided intensive HR training to company managers to empower them to deal with HR matters themselves.
- For more information about HR Training for Cleaning Companies click here.