Hannah RochePartner - Head of Employment Law & Holistic HR
Tel 0131 226 8216
Mob 07738 846 676
Hannah is a Partner and Head of Employment Law and Holistic HR. Hannah is a regular presenter at our HR lunches, workshops and seminars.
Hannah has 15 years of experience as an employment lawyer, and worked at McGrigors (now Pinsent Mason) and Lindsays before joining MBM in 2012.
During her years of practice, Hannah has advised a wide range of employers, from major banks and PLCs, to SMEs, start-ups and charities. She has also helped numerous employees and Senior Executives to successfully exit from businesses.
At MBM Hannah works closely with our Corporate team, advising on redundancies, TUPE, the employment aspects of business sales and investments, post-termination restrictions and all the other legal and HR issues that arise from having staff.
Hannah's employer clients are varied but include many technology companies, life-science, professional service firms and cleaning/facilities businesses.
Upon joining MBM, in order to meet client demand for affordable HR advice, Hannah and her team designed and implemented our Holistic HR service. Holistic HR is a fixed fee unlimited employment law and HR advice service which acts as an outsourced HR department for smaller companies, and gives added support to larger ones. The service has been very popular and is now run by Hannah's colleague Katie Pearson, who is continually developing and improving it. The service has now been supplemented by Holistic HR Plus and Holisitc HR In-House.
Hannah also carries out extensive HR training for Directors and Managers.
Hannah enjoys singing in the Fourth Valley Chorus, travel, cycling, cooking, walking the dog, and spending time with family and friends.
LLB, Diploma in Legal Practice, NP, Certificate in Employment Law, MA in History of Art
Law Society of Scotland, Employment Law Forum – co-founder, Volunteer adviser at Citizen’s Advice Bureau
Practice Areas:Employment Law & HR Support.
- Hannah has advised/represented clients in the following interesting cases/transactions:
- Appearing at the Employment Tribunal in complex whistle-blowing case on behalf of a well-known local religious establishment, including successfully defending an application for interim relief.
- Appearing at the Employment Tribunal in a complex TUPE case on behalf of a consortium of charities, with numerous claimants and several respondents.
- Managing the employment due diligence and advising on the employment law and pensions aspects of the merger of the Scottish Crop Research Institute and the Macaulay Land Use Research Institute to create the James Hutton Institute.
- Hannah and Katie are the sole HR advisers to a large, national cleaning company, which employs around 1,300 staff. They have also provided intensive HR training to company managers to empower them to deal with HR matters themselves.
- For more information about HR Training for Cleaning Companies click here.