Jennifer NobleSenior Solicitor
Tel 0131 226 8210
Jennifer is a Senior Solicitor at MBM Commercial LLP
Jennifer completed her two-year traineeship at national commercial law firm DWF LLP. During this time, Jennifer trained in the corporate, employment, litigation and real estate teams. She qualified into DWF’s corporate team, based in Edinburgh, in September 2014. While working at DWF in the corporate team, Jennifer focused on acquisitions and disposals, group restructuring and joint ventures. Deal highlights whist at DWF include acting for a national hotel company in relation to the purchase of a prominent hotel in Scotland and acting for an international company on the demerger of Scottish based subsidiaries as a response to competition concerns.
Jennifer joined MBM Commercial as a solicitor in the corporate team in 2015. Since joining, she has been involved in a number of private equity deals from early stage investments to multimillion financings. She has also continued to build on her merger and acquisition experience and was part of the deal team who advised on the recent sale of Good Practice Limited.
Jennifer acts for a broad range of clients including entrepreneurs, start-up and high growth companies, social enterprises and investors. She has experience advising clients who operate in a variety of sectors including technology, life sciences, professional services, leisure & hospitality and retail.
Jennifer is a key member of the team at MBM who advise on social investments throughout the UK. Following the introduction of Social Investment Tax Relief, the interest in social enterprise investing is growing and MBM are at the forefront of developments helping social enterprises to secure funding. Jennifer acts for social enterprise companies who are in the process of raising private investor funding, typically as part of a larger funding package.
Jennifer also works with LAUNCH.ed, a legal clinic providing advice to student entrepreneurs on a pro bono basis.
I enjoy escaping to the countryside to climb hills (weather permitting), seeing shows at the theatre and holidays!
- Acting for the shareholders of Good Practice Limited, an online learning specialist, in relation to the sale of the company to Emerald Publishing.
- Acting for Pyreos Limited, in connection with a £1.8m investment which included investment by international trade investors.
- Acting for Mallzee, an online shopping app which featured on dragons den, in relation to a £2.5M investment from Royal Mail, Par Equity and Scottish Enterprise.
- Acting for First Port, an organisation which provides business support and grants awards to social entrepreneurs in Scotland, to structure deals for private investors to support social enterprises.
- Acting for the shareholder of a technology company in relation to the sale of the company to a US buyer.
- Acting for one of the shareholders in relation to the demerger of a group of storage and removal companies.
- Acting for the buyer in relation to the purchase of a manufacturing company of components for the nuclear power industry.