Kenny MumfordPartner Head of Corporate
Tel 0131 226 8205
Kenny joined MBM Commercial as a partner in the corporate department in 2008.
Prior to joining MBM, Kenny worked at Shepherd & Wedderburn and had roles at the precursor to the Scottish Investment Bank and Braveheart Investment Group Plc.
Kenny’s role draws upon his general corporate experience and in particular, his experience with fund formation, growth companies, M&A deals and angel and venture capital investments.
Since joining MBM Commercial Kenny has been involved in a huge number of equity investments, acting for investors (whether angels or VCs) and investee companies.
Kenny has also had a lead role in many of the prominent M&A transactions that MBM Commercial has been lead adviser on such as the acquisition of Smart Storage by Kangaroo Storage.
Kenny also advises a number of investment funds and was the lead adviser in the successful closing of Seraphim Space LP, Episode 1 Investments 2 LP, Imbiba 1 LP and Emerge Venture Partners I LP.
Kenny’s involvement in growth company equity and debt investments spans all sectors and deal sizes, including acting for Immense Solutions Limited in their $4.6m fundraising and acting for Seraphim Space in their UK growth equity investments.
Other interesting deals include helping secure a multi-million project finance package for a leading renewables company and the £10m joint venture Roslin Technologies Limited.
While investments in growth companies and their ultimate exit strategies remain at the core of Kenny’s practice, an increase in alternative fund structures has been particularly interesting.
Kenny became Head of Corporate in August 2015 and divides his time between his Scottish client base and the firm’s increasing London client base.
"Bikes, ideally on a muddy hillside somewhere but almost as happy on a long stretch of tarmac or something more gentle with the family."
- Acted for Mallzee in equity fundraising from Royal Mail, Par Equity and others (deal value £2.5m).
- Acted for sellers in the sale of Good Practice Limited to Emerald Global Publishing Group May 2015 (undisclosed deal value).
- Acted for company in the equity investment in Shot Scope Technologies Ltd by Equity Gap and others (£465k deal value).
- Acted for fund in closing of £45m Passion Capital II LP venture capital fund – May 2015.
- Acting for Old College Capital LP as one of a number of investors in Sunamp Limited (£1.2m deal value).
- Acted for sellers in sale of the National Hyperbaric Centre Limited to James Fisher and Sons Plc (deal value up to £4.5m).
- Acted for Aria Networks in an investment round lead by Seraphim Capital (undisclosed deal value).
- Acted for sellers in sale of a digital platform company to Skyscanner (undisclosed deal value).
- Acted for company in the equity investment in UWI Technology Limited by various investors (deal value up to £1.2m).