Laura PeacheyDirector Corporate
Tel 0131 226 8234 Mob 07701 007 537
Laura is a dual qualified lawyer specialising in Venture Capital and Angel investment. She also has significant Scots and English experience in UK and international M&A and is currently involved in a three year programme led by SIB to deliver exit training to high growth Scottish companies.
Laura joined MBM’s Corporate team in 2013 and since then she has routinely acted for VCs, investor syndicates, entrepreneurs and high growth companies in a wide variety of corporate finance transactions from seed investment up to Series A and B investment rounds, as well as complex, high value loan facility deals and joint ventures with trade investors.
In particular, Laura has significant experience in leading Series A and B investment deals on behalf of investee companies, managing the interests of, and leading negotiations between existing shareholders and investors on the one hand with those of incoming VCs.
She also assists client companies with matters arising in the day to day running of their businesses such as shareholder agreements, corporate governance and setting up share option schemes to incentivise key individuals.
Laura is MBM’s representative in relation to its sponsorship of Engage Invest Exploit (EiE), an annual tech investment conference organised by Informatics Ventures. This is a headline initiative for the firm, with 1000 attendees. Laura works with the organisation committee to host EiE and provides support and advice to participating companies seeking investment.
- Advising in connection with the sale of a medical devices company.
- Advising in connection with the sale of a credit management consultancy.
- Acting for a high growth technology company in connection with a transaction involving a Series B fundraising and a joint venture licensing deal in the APAC region between the company and its lead investor.
- Acting for various investor clients in connection with a £2.5m investment in a biopharma company and a £2m investment in a micro-precision optics company.
- Acting for a fintech company in connection with an investment of £2.5m, including investment from venture capital funds and existing shareholders.
- Acting for various client companies in connection with their crowd funding investments.
- Advising various clients in connection with implementing EMI and unapproved option schemes.