Liina TulkSenior Solicitor Dispute Resolution
Tel 0131 226 8204
Liina is a Senior Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team. She has a law degree in Scots Law from Glasgow University.
Prior to joining MBM, Liina spent several summers working in the USA running her own business. Her commercial awareness and experience of managing a successful business are ever present in the advice Liina provides to her clients. She focuses on helping her clients steer their disputes towards the most commercially beneficial result in a cost-effective manner. She has extensive experience in mediating and resolving disputes through settlement negotiations. She has also acted as an assistant mediator and undertaken several mediation training courses.
Liina has also a wealth of experience in running complicated, high value Court of Session commercial actions involving contractual disputes, professional indemnity claims and financial disputes against major UK clearing banks. Her recent successes include securing an award of over £2.7 Million for her client in a professional indemnity claim against the client’s former solicitors and the unanimous victory at the UK Supreme Court case of RBS v Carlyle. She is used to punching above her weight and taking on challenging cases, all the while keeping her clients updated and assured of the progress made in helping them achieve the desired result.
'I love to get involved in endurance sports such as marathons and triathlons. Over the last few years at MBM I have taken part in the Edinburgh Marathon, completed the 54 mile Caledonian Challenge hike along the West Highland Way and finished the Great Artemis Quadrathlon. If it involves running, hiking and generally being outdoors I am up for it. I also love travelling and jump at an opportunity to visit new places'
- Awarded “Up & Coming Lawyer of the Year” at the Law Awards of Scotland 2015 and “Trainee Solicitor of the Year” at the Law Awards of Scotland 2012.
- Co-wrote The Law society of Scotland Journal article titled “Broken Promises”
- Secured a significant 6 figure settlement in mediation in England for an international corporation in an online fraud dispute with a large clearing bank.
- Secured a settlement for a client sued under a personal guarantee worth £500,000, which involving a substantial payment to the client approaching 6 figures.
- Secured a 6 figure settlement for a client who had raised professional negligence proceedings against his solicitors in connection with a property transaction.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for a large English institutional lender in multiple professional indemnity claims against solicitors.
- Helped a large charitable organisation with a difficult contract termination. I advised the client on legal aspects of the dispute as well as liaised closely with the clients PR agents to manage media interest.
- Helped to secured over £7 million in compensation for clients in the FCA Review into the Misselling of Interest Rate Hedging Products.