Michael ArnottPartner Head of London Office
Tel 0203 096 0112
Michael acts for companies and their investors in corporate fund-raisings, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and insolvencies and general corporate work.
He is well known for advising investors on how best to realise non-performing assets, which include financial restructurings, turnaround finance and formal insolvencies. A number of high-profile boards and individuals have sought his advice in relation to their legal duties as directors, generally and during restructuring and insolvency.
During his career, Michael has worked for international law firms in London and has been involved in dozens of high profile transactions. His clients range from entrepreneurs and growth companies to financial institutions and PLCs.
Legal 500 describes him as being “Regularly engaged in complex and unusual cases” as well as being “bright and hardworking”.
Outside of work, Michael is a walker, husband, golfer, bee-keeper, traveller, father, conservationist, runner, amateur psychologist, chorister, skier and woodsman, but some more than others.
- Investment in a global financial services group on behalf of a high net worth investor.
- Distressed acquisition of film and television intellectual property and licenses.
- Resolving a shareholder dispute and putting in place new regulated advisory firm for the ongoing business.
- Advising a director of a listed directory company as to his duties in the context of a restructuring.
- Restructuring / rationalisation of research arm of an international telecoms company.
- Debt restructurings for property developers acting for borrowers and lenders.
- Advice as to the formation and constitution of a financial services company.
- Acquisition of a publishing business.
- The sale of a restaurant business.
- Acting for a partner in a well-known law firm, which was in administration.
- Resolving a dispute relating to botanical intellectual property, using a provisional liquidation.