Sylvia HowieConsultant Solicitor (Corporate)
Mob: 0793 820 6225
Sylvia trained in the City (qualified in 2000 as an English solicitor) and has significant post qualified experience in international multi-jurisdictional corporate, commercial and asset finance matters.
After several years in England, Sylvia spent more than 5 years in the Cayman Islands before returning to her native Edinburgh with her own company acting as in-house consultant counsel.
Sylvia works on mergers & acquisition transactions, general corporate and commercial matters. In addition, she has particular specialism in large asset finance transactions. Sylvia is fluent in conversational Italian.
- a property development company in its corporate restructure and £100m joint venture investment with a major Scottish bank including drafting share and asset purchase agreements for various group companies in the pre investment restructuring process;
- an Irish company in its US$10m acquisition of the business and assets of a Czech aircraft manufacturer and in its subsequent US$40m finance and acquisition of 13 Russian MiG-15 planes including drafting asset purchase agreement, liaising with finance providers and reviewing security documentation;
- the management of a marine engineering company in its £1m share purchase of the UK company and its sister company including review of all documentation, drafting and negotiating share purchase agreement and shareholders agreement and liaising with lender in relation to secured finance;
- an Isle of Man Shipping Company in its US$10m joint venture with a Japanese shipping company including drafting joint venture agreement;
- an Isle of Man subsidiary of a New Zealand listed telecommunications company in its proposed AIM listing (market capitalisation on admission expected to be £100m) including review of all multi-jurisdictional documentation and drafting prospectus;
- a French company in its US$30m business acquisition of an international rubber glove manufacturer and undertaking all English law aspects of the due diligence procedure;
- shareholders of a UK cement company in their €7m sale to a Spanish cement company;
- a Monaco based Swiss energy company in relation to the restructure of its British Virgin Islands subsidiary;
- a US manufacturer of wooden house kits in the development of its business in the UK including drafting various distribution and purchase agreements and reviewing product guarantees;
- various international lenders on multi million dollar finance and refinance transactions to ultra high net worth borrowers secured on foreign registered vessels.