Tracey GinnPartner Corporate (UK and US)
Tracey has over 25 years of experience as a corporate and business lawyer in both the UK and the US.
Tracey worked in Scotland and London at a senior level in both private practice and in merchant banking. After moving to Los Angeles and qualifying as a California attorney, Tracey practised law in the US for 12 years, including latterly as a partner in an AmLaw 100 firm.
During her years of practice, Tracey has developed significant deal experience and works efficiently and effectively alongside clients to navigate the legal process and negotiate on their behalf, always aiming to meet the clients’ goals. Tracey advises businesses on the variety of legal issues that arise in the course of doing business. Her broad experience includes working with many industries and types of business in both the UK and the US and advising on novel and complex structures. This experience is very useful in helping clients meet the changing needs of the marketplace.
Tracey brings a valuable perspective to cross-border transactions and is adept at advising clients as they expand overseas. She regularly guides businesses entering new territories, in particular the US, and her background as a dual-qualified UK and US lawyer means that she is well-versed in advising on the corporate and regulatory environment in both places.
Tracey’s clients include businesses in a range of market sectors such as technology, clean tech, health care and business services. Tracey also has particular expertise in the car rental industry and technology-enabled transportation regulation, compliance and contracting including car-sharing operations and a variety of new business models based upon app-based access and 24/7 utilisation of vehicles.
Having recently returned to live in Scotland after 14 years in California, Tracey is reacquainting herself with British culture and places. She enjoys reading, theatre, hiking and cycling, and most of all spending time with her family.
View all US Transactions testimonials.
Memberships:Member of the Law Society of Scotland and the State Bar of California
Board Member of the British-American Business Council - Los Angeles
Appointed as a GlobalScot
- Represented the management team of an international consumer products business in the $100 million sale to a strategic buyer, working closely with the management team to guide them through detailed negotiations.
- Represented the sellers in the $12 million sale of a long-established commercial mortgage business to a strategic buyer, including guiding the management team through detailed negotiations and their roles in the buyer entity.
- Represented a German consumer products business in the acquisition of two US entities as part of an acquisition involving businesses in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on the sale of a retail pharmacy business and the related corporate reorganisation.
- Advised on and negotiated the sale of a UK company to the foreign subsidiary of a California entity.
- Advised a New Zealand business in establishing US operations and in the acquisition of a US entity.
- Advised on the structure and legal and contractual aspects of an innovative car sharing program.
- Advised an international software designer on establishing operations in the US, including entity formation, employment issues, and inter-company financing arrangements.
- Advised on the legal, tax, and regulatory aspects of a new partner joining and contributing assets to the client's business.
- Advised the owner of a design business on succession planning, including the leveraged sale of the business to management.
- Advised on the reorganisation, shareholders agreement, and corporate governance issues arising on the exit of a major shareholder.