Tracey GinnPartner Corporate (UK and US)
Tracey has over 25 years of experience as a corporate and business lawyer in both the UK and the US.
Tracey heads up our USA practice, being an attorney and active member of the State Bar of California as a well as a solicitor. In addition to UK corporate investment and M+A work, Tracey’s practice area includes advising on US corporate and commercial transactions, advising on transactions between UK/European businesses and US entities including investment rounds, joint ventures and the establishment, capital structure and shareholding arrangements of US entities and advising high growth/tech companies through all phases of growth and across a range of sectors including IT, life sciences, healthcare and e-commerce. Her key clients include UK businesses with US operations, SMEs and high growth technology companies. Having lived and worked in California for 14 years before joining MBM in August 2016, Tracey retains strong links with her US clients and her US legal networks.
During her years of practice, Tracey has developed significant deal experience and works efficiently and effectively alongside clients to navigate the legal process and negotiate on their behalf, always aiming to meet the clients’ goals. Tracey advises businesses on the variety of legal issues that arise in the course of doing business. Her broad experience includes working with many industries and types of business in both the UK and the US and advising on novel and complex structures. This experience is very useful in helping clients meet the changing needs of the marketplace.
Tracey brings a valuable perspective to cross-border transactions and is adept at advising clients as they expand overseas. She regularly guides businesses entering new territories, in particular the US, and her background as a dual-qualified UK and US lawyer means that she is well-versed in advising on the corporate and regulatory environment in both places.
Tracey’s clients include businesses in a range of market sectors such as technology and clean tech. Tracey also has particular expertise in the car rental industry and technology-enabled transportation regulation, compliance and contracting including car-sharing operations and a variety of new business models based upon app-based access and 24/7 utilisation of vehicles.
Having returned to live in Scotland after 14 years in California, Tracey is reacquainting herself with British culture and places. She enjoys reading, theatre, hiking and cycling, and most of all spending time with her family.
View all US Transactions testimonials.
Memberships:Member of the Law Society of Scotland and the State Bar of California
Board Member of the British-American Business Council - Los Angeles
Appointed as a GlobalScot
- Advising the sellers on the £4 million sale of a privately owned biotech business to a substantial national trade buyer.
- Advising SHE Software on a £3 million growth capital investment from NVM Private Equity, its first outside venture equity.
- Advising TravelNext on initial and follow in venture capital rounds.
- Advising on the structure and implementation on an internal joint venture based in the US.
- Represented the management team of an international consumer products business in the $100 million sale to a strategic buyer, working closely with the management team to guide them through detailed negotiations.
- Represented the sellers in the $12 million sale of a long-established commercial mortgage business to a strategic buyer, including guiding the management team through detailed negotiations and their roles in the buyer entity.
- Represented a German consumer products business in the acquisition of two US entities as part of an acquisition involving businesses in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on the sale of a US retail pharmacy business and the related corporate reorganisation.
- Advised on the structure and legal and contractual aspects of an innovative car sharing program.